Sunday 26 July 2009

I can haz haiku!

Haiku - unrhymed Japanese poetic form consisting of 17 syllables arranged in three lines containing five, seven, and five syllables, respectively.

Eyes wide and ears pricked
Whiskers all of a quiver
This was going to be a haiku verse
But I had far too many syllables to deliver.

Struggling with my thoughts
Harnessing the syllables
Not easy, is it?

So trying again
I must count them precisely
Can’t have too many.

Practice makes perfect
When composing haiku verse
What was I saying?

OK, going for it now ........ :>)

A thought cannot be
Succinctly confined to verse
It’s free from constraints
(especially when a cat is involved)

Oh well ....... !

A limerick is so much simpler to write
It contains a rhyme and rhythm and bite
But between me and you
I prefer the Haiku
It’s a rite of write all right. How trite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from you! :)